Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three cards

Hello!
So I made 3 cards for the OWH sponsorship today, and it's a silly story.  I first colored 2 different images with the black & white with a touch of green (challenge is either a touch of green or a touch of red).  When I finished the cards, I realized they weren't really fitting for being OWH cards... one of them had shiny silver charms all over it and the other was just way too bulky/detailed.  So I picked up 2 more images and colored them, and finally made a card with the Cute Kitten, and kept it nice and simple and flat.  The other image I colored was the Chicken, but it hasn't been made into a card yet... saving for a rainy day.

So here's my Kitten card.  I used a sage type green.
I hand cut the white panel with a soft oval shape to sit below the 3 scallops on the die, and then punched some 1/16" holes in the scallops instead of adding accents.

SUPPLIES:
Image: Cute Kitten
CS/paper: 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper, PTI cardstock, The paper studio pattern paper
Ink: printer, Tombow markers 312, N15, 990, 800
Accents/Tools: waterbrush, spellbinders labels die, EK mini photo corner punch, black satin ribbon, sewing machine, foam dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here are the bulky and way-too-detailed cards I made earlier.  I will find a use for them eventually!
I actually think there is almost too much going on here, but it's done and all glued, so I think I'll settle.
Here's the close up.  The green ink really does match the paper/ribbon in person, I don't know why the camera photoed it differently.

SUPPLIES:
Image:  Fancy Shoe
CS/Paper: 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper, black, PTI green, The paper studio patterned paper
Ink: printer, white paint pen, Tombow markers 192, N15, 990
Accents/Tools: waterbrush, spellbinders labels die and scallop circles, Crealies dies CLCF11 and CLCS12, SU 3 mini flower punch, pearl brads, black pearls, black mini brads, black button, ribbon, thread, charms, sewing machine, foam dimensionals
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like this card much better, but the danglies are a bit much for anybody masculine.
 And a close up.

SUPPLIES:
Image:  Baby Horse
CS/paper: 90 lb. Canson watercolor paper, SU garden green, black, The paper studio patterned paper
Ink: printer, Tombow markers 177, N15, 990
Accents/Tools: waterbrush, spellbinders reverse wonky rectangles, spellbinders labels die, black stitch ribbon, black mini brads, SU hodge podge star brads, charms, black twine, silver corner pieces, sewing machine, foam dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to create something and enter the OWH challenge!

2 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous cards Laurie, I super love the shoe card. Had to laugh at the first attempt of an OWH card not meeting OWH requirements. I did that too, I went and put stickles on my card as a last minute enhancement and then realized my error and had to make a new card! I will be posting it a little later LOL!
Love your array of cards!

Dawn Frost said...

I love all of the cards Laurie! The colt is just gorgeous, I've got to case him. The shoe is so vintage, I just love it! Best of all I love it when you tell your stories, I know then I'm not the only one who has to do a couple of cards for a single challenge, lol!