Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Corn

I just wanted to share today a card I made with one of the new August releases, Maize corn.  I made a thanksgiving card.  
There are several image combos in this set, for those that don't have capability to combine/merge images.  I used the single corn in front of 3 stalks.
I printed the image on Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper and watercolored with a waterbrush and Tombow and SU markers.
 Close up

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and can bless someone with a hand crafted card or gift!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES:
IMAGE: Maize Corn
CS/PAPER: Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper, cajun craze, eggplant, Crafts Etc Paper studio chicken patterned paper
INK: mustard ink pad for sponging edges, Tombow markers946, 991, 942, 947, 098, N15, SU markers marina mist, cajun craze, elegant eggplant
ACCENTS/TOOLS: waterbrush, sponge, spellbinders labels 15, spellbinders wizard tags die, pearls, SU antique decorative brad, shimmer taffeta ribbon in eggplant and copper, brass mini brad, sewing machine, foam dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19 comments:

Patti P. said...

Laurie, how beautiful is this???? I love Fall and these images will work so well this coming season. I am in love with this month's release. Such gorgeous images. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.
Patti

Lorie said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Like Patti I do love this month's releases...wait I think I say that every month!

Unknown said...

I love your card. It made me want to eat corn...lol Fall colors are so warm and cozy. I can't wait for thanksgiving again!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful image and a fabulous card

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card Laurie!

Christa said...

hi laurie, love your card the colors are so fabulous, i read that you colored with tombows, are those the same as the aquamarkers?
ilove those colors hugs christa

Pat (mspfd) said...

How gorgeous!

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Laurie! Your coloring is so beautiful, love that little ribbon loop, and of course, the image is incredible! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs!

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Laurie! Your coloring is so beautiful, love that little ribbon loop, and of course, the image is incredible! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs!

Heide said...

Laurie,
This is just gorgeous!

Kathy W. said...

So beautiful Laurie! Great Thanksgiving card and I love the papers and your coloring *Ü*

Kristine said...

WOW, I knew you would do something FABULOUS with this corn set Laurie and you did! Did you make the bg paper with your hen?? The whole thing is beautiful and will make a wonderful Thanksgiving greeting for someone special =)

Glenda Atkins said...

Laurie this card is a stunner, your corn images are so realistic, what an outstanding set.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Laurie, this is really beautiful! I love your one ear in front of the stalks! Beautifully colored! Love the papers and the ribbon. Just beautiful!
Hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card...I was planning to make that type of corn with it too! :)

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I never think to combine images and your coloring is stunning as always!

Robbie said...

Laurie, This is A-Maize-ing!! The coloring is beautiful and I love your paper and color palette. Truly Stunning!

Lagene said...

I love your card! The purple kernals & pearls are perfect!

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Laurie. Your coloring is always so perfect and this is one of your best. I just love the colors together too. So beautiful.