Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We are sponsoring a challenge today!

Today we have some new image releases which are posted right after this post.
Today we are also sponsoring the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!
The theme of their challenge is to use green, and their verse of reference is Ex. 8:9-11.
I used the Grassy Hills image and a verse from the Only God image set, both from the previous release.
The supply list is at the bottom of this post.
Card size is 3.25"x6.25"
I placed the scenery into my document first and then added the sentiment overtop, and then printed the combined image.  I used the scallop oval punch as a mask for sponging clouds in the sky.  I watercolored the image with the markers and a waterbrush.  And used the marker writing tip to create grass tufts after the scene was completely dry.

SUPPLIES for GRASSY HILLS CARD:
  • IMAGES: Grassy Hills and Only God from Doodle Pantry
  • STAMPS: Random doily decorative stamp from some clear set that was unmarked, sorry!
  • CS/PAPER: 90 lb. watercolor paper by Canson, white, wild wasabi
  • INK: Wild wasabi inkpad, marina mist inkpad, Marina mist and wild wasabi markers, Tombow markers 177, 992, 946
  • ACCENTS/TOOLS: waterbrush, sponge, white satin, button, linen thread, dimensionals, spellbinders large curvy rectangle die, pearls, scallop oval punch
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR SPONSORSHIP POST!  I hope you'll stick around and check out the New releases too.  Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you were inspired to go create something.
 Laurie

2 comments:

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I like the bottom of your image panel, it keeps the eyes wandering down the path somehow.

Kristine said...

That is so gorgeous Laurie!! I love scenery cards... especially with the watercolor technique!! Which reminds me, I need to get more wc paper! =) Great job with those clouds!