Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Forget me not sympathy card

I sure don't like having to make sympathy cards, but we need to make them, ya know?
A vendor for the store my husband works at, his wife had cancer for a long time, and then she suddenly got put on life support and they didn't expect her to last long.  My husband knows the man pretty well and wanted me to make a nice sympathy card.  Ugh.  How hard!  You want to make something "nice" but at the same time, you feel like what good will it really do for someone just losing a wife of so many years?

I hope it shows that we cared enough to think of him during his really difficult time of losing his wife.
I used the Forget me nots on the front, and used the sentiment "I am so sorry to hear of your loss" from the Pasque Flower on the inside.


SUPPLIES:
  • IMAGES: Forget me nots, sentiment from Pasque Flower
  • CS/PAPER: 9 lb. Canson watercolor paper, CDS wild ginger, CDS deep sea, CDS billowing clouds, My minds eye breaking free patterned paper
  • INK: Printer, inkpads mustard and marina mist, Tombow markers 946, 990, 526, 491, 177
  • ACCENTS/TOOLS: waterbrush, Spellbinders ovals and labels dies, embossing folder, sponge, pearls, satin ribbon, basic grey button, thread, sewing machine, pewter bird charm, foam dimensionals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I so appreciate your visit and comments!  They make my day and I am honored you would choose to visit me from time to time.  I hope you at least were inspired by some small thing today, and I wish for you happy crafting days ahead!
Laurie

13 comments:

Karen Howard said...

This is really stunning! LOVE your coloring, I keep practicing, hoping one day I'll be able to color like that! Hugs, Karen

Heide said...

What a beautiful card! I hear your struggles...sympathy cards are always very difficult. I am sure this lovely card will bring some comfort just to know you are thinking of him and his family.

Patti J said...

Wow, sympathy and manly cards are the hardest for me. Your card is gorgeous, Laurie, and I'm sure that this gentleman will appreciate that you care enough to make and send a card. Hugs...

Lorie said...

This is gorgeous Laurie! Just the fact that you made and gave him a card will be comforting.

K. Joy said...

This is gorgeous! It is so hard to make sympathy cards, but I am sure that this one will be a blessing!

Kristine said...

That's so beautiful Laurie, I love the colors--so comforting and perfect for a sympathy card. Love all your sewing and coloring too. Bless you as you bless others!

ike said...

This is really so nice - they are hard to make aren't they, but this is just perfect.

Moments by Marla said...

This card is just beautiful and should be of comfort to this man. I can tell how much love and thought you put into making this card. I agree, they are the one of the hardest cards to make. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!! This is an Amazingly Beautiful Sympathy card! Love It!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Dawn Frost said...

I think you did a stunning job on the card Laurie! I love your sewing, the colours, pearls, everything about it!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, so beautiful and peaceful. Love the colours and that stitching is amazing. Superb!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful. You couldn't have chosen a more appropriate image.

CarlaKH said...

Just gorgeous and so beautifully colored.