I hope you've all seen the New release post and Challenge 6 post, both just before this one!
Below I am sharing the details on 3 cards I made using the new releases.
I have been wanting to combine these baby farm animals for a long time and knew I had to wait until I had the cow.
This is how it looked on my Word document for printing.
I placed the piglet first, then the cow, then the horse and finally the goat. It took quite some time to color, but I just am so happy with the end result!
Here is the finished card:
For the grass in the bottom right corner, I just used the writing tip of the Tombow marker and made clumps of grass blades with it to fill the area. Then I lightly (with light water flow) brushed over the clumps in up and down strokes with the waterbrush. I waited for that to dry completely and then used the writing tip again to make blades of grass again over top everything. After all that, I wanted the grass to match the grass under the horse, so I used my Zig Millenium fineliner to draw just a few grass clumps in there.
- IMAGES: Baby Cow, Baby Horse, Precious Piglet and Baby Goat from Doodle Pantry
- CS/PAPER: 90 lb. watercolor paper, CDS spring leaf, CDS mud pie, CDS cream soda
- INK: printer, Tombow markers 850, 912, 491, 098, 177, 990, 992, 947, 899, 977, 985, 946, black zig millenium
- ACCENTS/TOOLS: waterbrush, border punch, glue dots, CDS mud pie ribbon, button, thread, sewing machine
Next card I couldn't believe I didn't sew! I wanted to, but decided to resist it as sort of a challenge to myself... I needed to see if I could make a card without sewing on it and still like the outcome, LOL! I actually like it. It's on the simpler side. I used some matching digi paper that comes with the Nutty for you set.
- IMAGES: Nutty for you by Doodle Pantry
- CS/PAPER: white, CDS worn parchment, CDS pineapple twist, digi paper included in digi set
- INK: color printer
- ACCENTS/TOOLS: spellbinders octagons and ovals dies, fern punch, ivory taffeta ribbon, pearls, foam pop dots
Finally I had to color the Spring Song Birdies. I just got this Basic Grey Hopscotch paper last weekend and was itching to do some cute springy card with it.
They were a tad bit tedious to color, but SOOOO much fun!
- IMAGES: Spring Song Birdies by Doodle Pantry
- CS/PAPER: 90 lb. watercolor paper, CDS deep sea, CDS soft mint, Basic grey Hopscotch DP
- INK: printer, Tombow markers 312, 243, 062, 991, 873, 992, 899, 491, 526, N15
- ACCENTS/TOOLS: waterbrush, spellbinders labels 13 dies, Su oval punches, border punches, CDS sheer ribbon, paper primas, pearls, sewing machine, foam pop dimensions
I thank you for stopping in to visit! I enjoy every comment and I sincerely hope you have been inspired to go create something!